Wednesday, February 3, 2010

you can take the girl outta the country...

You know how the saying goes!  well, this is my first time living out of the US and more importantly living outside of the South!!! I am a Southern girl to the core of my soul and there are so many things I am going to miss about living in the South (southern United States that is, not Southern UK).  I was going through some recent photos I took before I left, and came across this one that I took at a local gas station/gambling joint/convenience store in Mebane, NC - my dad frequents this place.  Its the kind of place thats both sketchy and familiar ....you know, the place that if you weren't from the area or from the south, you would NEVER even stop and ask this place for directions - but, familiar in that it felt like I had seen all of the store's patrons in similar stores across the south.

If you aren't from the South, you may not have any clue what this is, and if you are...well then, you know exactly what I'm talking about!

Pickled sausage, pickles, pickled eggs, and pickled pigs feet - for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment